If you have ever experienced a power outage during a storm, then you know inconvenient it can be. This is especially the case if you lose electricity during the night.
Sure, candles can be helpful but they can also burn out quickly. And flashlights can be a great energy source, but they too eventually lose power and require the purchase of more batteries.
So what’s the best alternative? A solar generator.
You see, with solar generators, you don’t have to worry about melting wax or batteries. And that’s because solar power is self sustainable.
In this article, we want to talk to you about the benefits a solar generator offers and what you should look for when purchasing one.
But first, let’s define what a solar generator is.
So, What Is A Solar Generator?
Put simply, a solar generator is a device that changes solar energy into electrical energy.
It captures the energy of the sun through solar panels, stores the energy in a battery bank and then releases it through inverter to be used for standard AC power. (
Some people use solar generators as a way to be eco-friendly. Others use them as emergency resources during power outages or as a way to reduce home utility bills. The Benefits Of A Solar Generator One of the best things about solar generators is that they have no moving parts. This means that not only are they very quiet, but there is very little maintenance involved with these machines. ( Another benefit is that they help to cut down on pollution. You see, solar generators don’t need gas in order to operate so they don’t give off any toxic exhaust. ( Also, the solar generator is virtually a hands-free operation. Once it has reached its full speed, it runs day and night without any input from you. ( What You Should Look For When Shopping For A Solar Generator Solar generators can make your life much easier, but it’s important to remember that not ever machine is created equally. There are a wide range of products on the solar market, so you need to be aware of a few things if you’re looking to buy. When shopping for a solar generator, you need to look for a few important features:
- -Portable You need to be able to move your generator from place to place. And this needs to be done with ease. This is especially the case if you travel a lot or enjoy camping and outdoor activities. It’s best to look for a solar generator that has a suitcase or briefcase design. ( The handle should be collapsible and sturdy. And it should also feature wheels so that it can move easily through rough terrains.
- -Expandable You never know how much power you’ll need in any given situation. So choose a model that comes with extra batteries and soar panels. It’s always nice to know that you have the ability to add to the generator’s output. The best models allow you to plug in additional batteries as well as panels so that you can expand your storage capacity.
- -Lightweight High powered solar generators are usually very heavy. It components such as the battery pack, inverters and solar panels are more bulky. So when searching for a high powered generator, look for the one that weighs the least. Sure, you need something powerful but you should also be able to move it around without much assistance.
- -Compact and Durable Make sure your solar generator is durable.You need to feel comfortable carrying with you no matter what conditions you’re facing. -Power Supply That Has An Inverter If you are someone who is interested in running sensitive electronics, like computers, from a solar generator, you need to look for one that has an inverter included with its power supply. -DC and AC Power Source Not every solar generator has a direct current outlet. So look for one that has at least one DC outlet.
- -Power Supply That Has No Interruption Whenever your power supply is interrupted, it can damage your appliances, electrical grid or anything else into the generator at the time – even if it’s connected to a surge protector.( If you’re ever without power, then a solar generator can be a life saver. The goal is to find one that has all of the features we have just discussed.